Kolvita Family Medical Group
"As the 'S. Family,' what we consider your best practices are: 1-availability of both Dr. Davis and Dr. Zeller...provides piece of mind--especially in emergency situations; 2-your staff remembers us! Dinah S. and family
Call Us: 9496008990
"Dr. Zeller, I may be the slowest, but I also may be the most grateful for the 'Walk with the Doc' program. That program not only introduced me to the park but also gave me incentive to lose the weight that has been creeping up for years. In addition, it shows me that my doctors are serious about helping their patients while providing the opportunity to meet in a relaxed atmosphere. That will translate into making office visits less stressful." Eileen B.
"All of my friends are in AWE at the attention I receive from Dr. Davis, as well as how personalized her practice is with me. No one in my "circle" has anything like it from their Practitioner or Health Group. I told Dr. Davis during the year, which was very traumatic for me physically, that I shudder to think that I might have decided not to sign up with Kolvita. My experience would have been entirely different if I didn't have the weekly visits while in Rehab, the ability to text and be a 'nuisance' when something bothered me or when I had questions, and the unwavering advocacy of my care. As I face a new year with new challenges I take the most comfort from my relationship with MY DOCTOR." Lorraine F.
"People are always astounded by the fact that I can just text, call and speak to my doctor 24/7. I love Kolvita! AND I can usually get same day appointments if necessary. I don't have to sit in the waiting room for an hour (the usual wait time is 5 minutes or less) and Dr. Zeller spends as much time as I need in the examining room. I never feel rushed or hurried. At my age, I want a doctor that knows my health history, and can respond to my needs. Need a prescription refill? I just text it, and 'boom' it is at the pharmacy in minutes. I am spoiled now. Thank you Dr. Z!" Rhea T.
COVID-19 UPDATES (6/14/21)
Hello Kolvita Family,
The California "stay at home" order will officially be taken down on June 15th. As summer ramps up, there will be much more travel, face-to-face contact, interactions with strangers, and the inevitable "letting-the-guard-down" attitudes regarding Covid. The worry and concern of another spike would be much less individually as well as in the larger community---if more people are vaccinated! This is the time, if you haven't gone yet. We will be taking a few weeks off from our weekly emails due to the doctor's vacation plans...but rest-assured, if any relevant news comes out during this time, we will be sure to get that information out to you as soon as possible!
COVID NEWS & VACCINE UPDATES:
- CDC reports that a higher than expected amount of young men have experienced heart inflammation after their 2nd dose of the mRNA vaccine (Pfizer/Moderna). Researchers are still assessing the risk of this condition and if there is a direct relation to the vaccine. Some patients with this condition needed hospitalization, but most have fully recovered rather quickly. In the US cases, more than half were in the age range of 12-24. The CDC does say they are doing more data collections, but that the number of patients is still very small compared to the amount of vaccines that have been administered.
- The Delta variant of the Coronavirus (1st seen in India) is now the most highly transmissible of all the variants to date, and is now the most common form of Coronavirus seen in the UK. Early data shows that those with only one dose of the vaccine are only 33% covered, while those that are at least 2 weeks past their 2nd dose have much higher coverage. There have only been limited cases seen in the US as of now, but the CDC is stressing to those that have delayed getting their second dose to "go get the 2nd vaccine!"
- A new study reported in NEJM shows the risk of CVST (Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis)--or the blood clots in the brain---is much higher from getting Covid-19 than it has been seen in patients that had received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The risk from Cvoid-19 is ~0.021%. The risk from the vaccine is ~0.00036%. Experts urge those that are leery about getting the J&J vaccine--"it is safe, please go and get it!"
- There is an interesting commentary from the Impact Factor by a doctor from Yale regarding the risk of infertility--or "suggested risk" that has been prevalent on social media from the Covid vaccines. He not only shows how the risk from the vaccines is non-existent, but he also discusses the concern of getting Covid-19 and how it may affect fertility.
- 39.52M vaccines have been given in California (as of 6/13/21), 3.28M vaccines have been given in Orange County (as of 6/13/21)
Orange County (as of 6/13/21)
- 134 new cases in the past week (213 last week)
- 12 deaths in the past week (18 last week)
- 56 hospitalizations (61 last week)
- 14 ICU patients (10 last week)
- 3-day change in hospitalizations: -11.2%
State Tier Status per County + cases per 100k / + rate %
Orange Co (YELLOW) 0.8 (YELLOW) 0.7% (YELLOW)
Los Angeles Co (YELLOW) 0.7 (YELLOW) 0.4% (YELLOW)
Riverside Co (ORANGE) 1.6 (ORANGE) 1.2% (YELLOW)
San Diego Co (ORANGE) 1.2 (YELLOW) 1.1% (YELLOW)
San Bernardino Co (ORANGE) 1.5 (ORANGE) 1.0% (YELLOW)
If you have any new questions or concerns regarding Covid testing, Covid vaccines, etc.--please send your doctor an email. Kolvita is always ready to serve you and answer any questions you may have!
Stay safe and stay healthy everyone,
Dr. Davis, Dr. Zeller and the Kolvita Staff