Kolvita Family Medical Group
Call Us: 9496008990
"People are always astounded by the fact that I can just text, call and speak to my doctor 24/7. I love Kolvita! AND I can usually get same day appointments if necessary. I don't have to sit in the waiting room for an hour (the usual wait time is 5 minutes or less) and Dr. Zeller spends as much time as I need in the examining room. I never feel rushed or hurried. At my age, I want a doctor that knows my health history, and can respond to my needs. Need a prescription refill? I just text it, and 'boom' it is at the pharmacy in minutes. I am spoiled now. Thank you Dr. Z!" Rhea T.
"Dr. Zeller, I may be the slowest, but I also may be the most grateful for the 'Walk with the Doc' program. That program not only introduced me to the park but also gave me incentive to lose the weight that has been creeping up for years. In addition, it shows me that my doctors are serious about helping their patients while providing the opportunity to meet in a relaxed atmosphere. That will translate into making office visits less stressful." Eileen B.
"All of my friends are in AWE at the attention I receive from Dr. Davis, as well as how personalized her practice is with me. No one in my "circle" has anything like it from their Practitioner or Health Group. I told Dr. Davis during the year, which was very traumatic for me physically, that I shudder to think that I might have decided not to sign up with Kolvita. My experience would have been entirely different if I didn't have the weekly visits while in Rehab, the ability to text and be a 'nuisance' when something bothered me or when I had questions, and the unwavering advocacy of my care. As I face a new year with new challenges I take the most comfort from my relationship with MY DOCTOR." Lorraine F.
"As the 'S. Family,' what we consider your best practices are: 1-availability of both Dr. Davis and Dr. Zeller...provides piece of mind--especially in emergency situations; 2-your staff remembers us! Dinah S. and family
COVID-19 UPDATES (10/11/21)
Hello Kolvita Family,
It seems there is a growing divide in California between regions/counties with high vaccination rates and those with low rates. More urban/suburban led counties with high vaccination rates are seeing Covid rates dropping and hospitals with reduced impact while more rural counties are still in crisis. Current statewide data shows 8X increased rate for contracting Covid-19 and a 16X increased rate of death for those unvaccinated.
- The FDA vaccine advisory committee is convening this week to review the data for both the J&J and Moderna boosters. News reports from Washington D.C. state that if the FDA and CDC leaderships signs off on the data, "Americans could begin getting J&J and Moderna boosters later this month."
- In the US from 9/30 to 10/6, more booster vaccines were given to Americans than the 1st or 2nd initial vaccines. 2.7 million boosters were given, 2.0 million initial jabs were given and 2.0 million 2nd jabs were given.
- a retrospective study of >75,000 patients in California showed an increase risk of re-infection by Covid-19 in these populations: adults > kids, women > men, as well as those immunocompromised and those who were hospitalized with their initial infection. Although these trends were seen, the number of re-infections were very small---just about 1% of all those infected with Covid-19.
Orange County Numbers (as of 10/8/21)
- 1,678 new cases this week (2,678 last week)
- 39 deaths (52 last week)
- 223 hospitalized patients (283 last week)
- 47 ICU patients (76 last week)
- 3-day average change in hospitalized patients is -7.9% (-4.9% last week)
- As of 10/8/21, Covid + rate for vaccinated individuals is 3.1/100,000 (previous 3.6/100K)
- As of 10/8/21, Covid + rate for unvaccinated individuals is 16.1/100,000 (previous 18.1/100K)
Vaccinations (as of 10/8/21)
- 50.37 Million doses given in California
- 4.18M given in Orange County
- 4.96M doses are currently available in the state
Getting the Vaccine:
- please go to this website: https://myturn.ca.gov
- this site has information on where to get the vaccine locally. In the information gathering portion of this site, there is an area to request getting a home appointment, if you or a loved one cannot leave the house!
**Please contact the office if you need any information of getting vaccinated. We still have not received any information from the Federal Government regarding us being able to stock vaccines in our office, but there are plenty of convenient options locally to get vaccinated**
Have a wonderful and safe week,
Dr. Davis, Dr. Zeller and Kolvita Staff