COVID-19 UPDATES (11/15/21)
Hello Kolvita Family,
We are now seeing many kids 5-11 getting their first round of vaccines for Covid. There has been no reports or data to show there is a higher risk of adverse reactions to the vaccine--in fact--the reactions tend to be less than for those 12 and above. This is a good sign as we start moving into the winter where there is a potential of another spike in cases.
- the Texas Department of Health Services looked at hospital data from the month of September and they found that their citizens admitted to Texas hospitals who were unvaccinated were 20X more likely to die than those who were even partially vaccinated.
- the American Academy of Pediatrics states that the3 week of October 29th to November 4th showed an increase in pediatric Covid cases after seeing 8-straight weeks of declining cases. Some experts are concerned this may be the beginning of a potential winter spike in Covid cases. Many pediatricians are encouraged, though, due to the increase in immunizations in the pediatric population.
- the Kaiser Family Foundation reports information from their patient surveys show ~78% (or 4 out of 5) adults in the US either believe or aren't sure about at least one of eight false statements out there about the Covid pandemic or the Covid-19 vaccine. Those that are unvaccinated are among those most likely to hold these misconceptions. The 8 misconceptions in the survey were:
"the government is exaggerating the number of Covid deaths"
"pregnant women should not get the vaccine"
"the vaccine causes infertility"
"the government is hiding cases of deaths from the vaccine"
"Ivermectin is 100% effective against Covid-19"
"you can get Covid from the vaccine"
"the vaccine contains microchips"
"the vaccine changes your DNA"
Orange County Numbers (as of 11/12/21)
- 1,883 new cases this week (1,964 last week)
- 28 deaths (20 last week)
- 219 hospitalized patients (212 last week)
- 57 ICU patients (54 last week)
- 3-day average change in hospitalized patients is -2.2% (+4.3% last week)
- As of 11/12/21, Covid + rate for vaccinated individuals is 3.3/100,000 (previous 3.6/100K)
- As of 11/12/21, Covid + rate for unvaccinated individuals is 17.0/100,000 (previous 17.5/100K)
Vaccinations (as of 11/12/21)
- 55.54 Million doses given in California
- 4.60M given in Orange County
- 6.1M doses are currently available in the state
- 4.07M Boosters given in California
Getting the Vaccine:
- please go to this website: myturn.ca.gov
- this site has information on where to get the vaccine locally. In the information gathering portion of this site, there is an area to request getting a home appointment, if you or a loved one cannot leave the house!
**You can online search "Covid vaccine booster near me" and you will get information on locations (pharmacies) that offer the booster
**Please contact our office or talk to your doctor if you need any information of getting vaccinated**
Have a wonderful and safe week,
Dr. Davis, Dr. Zeller and Kolvita Staff
"All of my friends are in AWE at the attention I receive from Dr. Davis, as well as how personalized her practice is with me. No one in my "circle" has anything like it from their Practitioner or Health Group. I told Dr. Davis during the year, which was very traumatic for me physically, that I shudder to think that I might have decided not to sign up with Kolvita. My experience would have been entirely different if I didn't have the weekly visits while in Rehab, the ability to text and be a 'nuisance' when something bothered me or when I had questions, and the unwavering advocacy of my care. As I face a new year with new challenges I take the most comfort from my relationship with MY DOCTOR." Lorraine F.
"People are always astounded by the fact that I can just text, call and speak to my doctor 24/7. I love Kolvita! AND I can usually get same day appointments if necessary. I don't have to sit in the waiting room for an hour (the usual wait time is 5 minutes or less) and Dr. Zeller spends as much time as I need in the examining room. I never feel rushed or hurried. At my age, I want a doctor that knows my health history, and can respond to my needs. Need a prescription refill? I just text it, and 'boom' it is at the pharmacy in minutes. I am spoiled now. Thank you Dr. Z!" Rhea T.
"Dr. Zeller, I may be the slowest, but I also may be the most grateful for the 'Walk with the Doc' program. That program not only introduced me to the park but also gave me incentive to lose the weight that has been creeping up for years. In addition, it shows me that my doctors are serious about helping their patients while providing the opportunity to meet in a relaxed atmosphere. That will translate into making office visits less stressful." Eileen B.
Kolvita Family Medical Group
"As the 'S. Family,' what we consider your best practices are: 1-availability of both Dr. Davis and Dr. Zeller...provides piece of mind--especially in emergency situations; 2-your staff remembers us! Dinah S. and family
Call Us: 9496008990